Law Library

The Law Library was established under the Law and Parliamentary Library Act 1873 as a joint-use Law and Parliamentary Library.

In 1889 the collection was divided and the Law Library was established as a separate entity.

The Supreme Court building was opened in 1903 and provided a specially designed chamber to house the Law Library.

In 1987 the Law Library was moved to purpose built premises in the new annexe of the Supreme Court.

The ownership of the Law Library is vested in the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia.